Paper accepted at ICALP 2017
Paper accepted at PODS 2017
We are hiring
Luis Galarraga wins award
Luis has won the award of the French EGC conference for his thesis.
New internship position available
We are looking for candidates for a master's internship
with Mostafa Haghir Chehreghani on sampling informative patterns from large networks.
New internship position available
Paper accepted at ICDT 2017
Paper accepted at ICDT 2017
Full paper accepted at WSDM 2017
Full paper accepted at ASONAM 2016
Local Triangle-Densest Subgraphs. Raman Samusevich, Maximilien Danisch, Mauro Sozio.
Full paper accepted at ISWC
Fabian M. Suchanek, Colette Menard, Meghyn Bienvenu, Cyril Chapellier: Can you imagine...
a language for combinatorial creativity?
Resource paper accepted at ISWC
Thomas Rebele, Fabian Suchanek, Johannes Hoffart, Joanna Biega, Erdal Kuzey, Gerhard Weikum: YAGO: a multilingual knowledge base from Wikipedia, Wordnet, and Geonames.
Demo accepted at TPDL
Article accepted to IJCAI 2016
Antoine Amarilli, Michael Benedikt, Pierre Bourhis, Michael Vanden Boom. Query Answering with Transitive and Linear-Ordered Data.
Article accepted to PODS 2016
SUM 2016: Scalable Uncertainty Management
DBWeb is co-chairing the program committee of SUM 2016
, the Tenth International Conference on Scalable Uncertainty Management. Consider submitting a paper (deadline May 1st)!
Demo accepted to WWW 2016
- Marie Al-Ghossein and Talel Abdessalem. SoMap: Dynamic Clustering and Ranking of Geotagged
Posts. WWW, Montreal, Canada, April 2016.
Article accepted to DASFAA 2016
- Q. Liu, Talel Abdessalem, H. Wu, Z. Yuan and S. Bressan. Cost Minimization and Social Fairness for
Spatial Crowdsourcing Tasks. In Proc. DASFAA, Dallas, TX, USA, April 2016.
ParisDB 2016: Paris Summit on Big Data Management
Articles accepted to SIGSPATIAL 2015 and ICADL 2015
- M. Faheem and P. Senellart, Adaptive Web Crawling through Structure-Based Link Classification. In Proc. ICADL, Seoul, South Korea, December 2015.
- D. Montoya, S. Abiteboul, and P. Senellart, Hup-Me: Inferring and Reconciling a Timeline of User Activity with Smartphone and Personal Data. In Proc. SIGSPATIAL, Seattle, USA, November 2015.
Full paper accepted at CIKM 2015
Scalable Facility Location for Massive Graphs on Pregel-like Systems,
Kiran Garimella, Gianmarco De Francisci Morales, Aristides Gionis, Mauro Sozio.
Paper accepted to RecSys'15
J.B. Griesner, T. Abdessalem and H. Naacke. POI Recommendation: Towards Fused Matrix Factorization with Geographical and Temporal Influences.
Paper accepted in the VLDB journal
Five research articles and two demonstrations accepted at BDA 2015
- A. Amarilli, P. Bourhis and P. Senellart. Circuits de provenance pour les arbres et les instances quasi-arborescentes.
- A. Amarilli, M. L. Ba, D. Deutch and P. Senellart. Requêtes sur des données à ordre incomplet.
- O. D. Balalau, F. Bonchi, T-H. H. Chan, F. Gullo and M. Sozio. Recherche de sous-graphes à densité totale maximale et chevauchement limité.
- D. Basu, Q. Lin, Z. Yuan, P. Senellart, and S. Bressan. Apprentissage par renforcement pour optimiser les bases de données indépendamment du modèle de coût.
- A. Epasto, S. Lattanzi, and M. Sozio. Maintenir un sous-graphe le plus dense dans un graphe dynamique.
- L. Galárraga. Interactive Rule Mining in Knowledge Bases. Demonstration.
- D. Symeonidou and Z. Ismail. DIVINA : Découverte des vulnérabilités de Comptes Internet. Demonstration.
Article accepted to DEXA 2015
Article accepted to KDD 2015
Article accepted to IJCAI 2015
A. Amarilli and M. Benedikt, Combining Existential Rules and Description Logics.
Three articles accepted to WebDB 2015
Paper accepted at LDOW 2015 workshop
Luis Galarraga, Danai Symeonidou, and Jean-Claude Moissinac, Rule Mining for Semantifying Wikilinks
Article accepted to ICALP 2015
Article accepted to LICS 2015
A. Amarilli and M. Benedikt, Finite Open-World Query Answering with Number Restrictions.
Antoine Amarilli first prize at Google Hash Code 2015
Paper accepted at WWW
Efficient Densest Subgraph Computation in Evolving Graphs.
A. Epasto, S. Lattanzi, M. Sozio. WWW 2015
Demo accepted at WWW
Associate Professor Position open in the group
DBWeb co-organizing Digicosme Summer School
Paper accepted at WWW
Paper accepted at AKBC 2014 workshop
Full paper accepted at WSDM 2015
Finding Subgraphs with Maximum Total Density and Limited Overlap. O. D. Balalau, F. Bonchi, T-H. Hubert Chan, F. Gullo and M. Sozio. (WSDM 15)
Full paper on YAGO accepted at CIDR 2015
Article accepted to Theory of Computing Systems
Invited Paper at PIKM 2014
DBWeb article awarded the Hypertext Douglas Engebart Best Paper Award 2014
Demonstration accepted to SIGSPATIAL 2014
Paper accepted at CIKM 2014
Two papers and two demonstrations accepted to BDA 2014
- Antoine Amarilli. Déterminer la possibilité en XML probabiliste
- Imen Ben Dhia, Talel Abdessalem and Mauro Sozio. Un système efficace pour l'évaluation des requêtes de distances dans des grands graphes orientés
- Mouhamadou Lamine Ba, Sébastien Montenez, Talel Abdessalem, and Pierre Senellart. Collecte, intégration et visualisation de données Web incertaines sur des objets mobiles
- David Montoya and Serge Abiteboul. Trahup: Inferring multimodal itineraries from rich smartphone data
Paper accepted to RecSys'14
Modou Gueye, Talel Abdessalem and Hubert Naacke:
A Parameter-free Algorithm for an Optimized Tag Recommendation List Size.
Invited paper at APWeb 2014
Vision paper accepted at VLDB 2014
Fabian M. Suchanek, Nicoleta Preda:
Article accepted to ACM Hypertext 2014
Two articles accepted to Ingénierie des Systèmes d'Information
Article accepted to DEXA 2014
Article accepted to BUDA 2014
Article accepted to SIGMOD 2014
Ioana Ileana, Bogdan Cautis, Alin Deutsch and Yannis Katsis. Complete Yet Practical Search for Minimal Query Reformulations Under Constraints
Article accepted to ICDT 2014
Antoine Amarilli, Yael Amsterdamer, Tova Milo.
On the Complexity of Mining Itemsets from the Crowd Using Taxonomies.
Paper accepted at WSDM 2014
Our paper "WebChild: Harvesting and Organizing Commonsense Knowledge from the Web" by Niket Tandon, Gerard de Melo, Fabian Suchanek and Gerhard Weikum was accepted to the WSDM 2014 conference in New York.
Two papers accepted to RecSys workshop on Recommender Systems and the Social Web
- STRec: An Improved Graph-based Tag Recommender. Modou Gueye, Talel Abdessalem and Hubert Naacke
- FoldCons: A Simple Way To Improve Tag Recommendation. Modou Gueye, Talel Abdessalem and Hubert Naacke
DBWeb organizing UnCrowd 2014
, the DASFAA 2014 Workshop on Uncertain and Crowdsourced Data, is organized by DBWeb. Consider submitting an article!
Google Faculty Research Award
Mauro Sozio Receives Google Faculty Research Award 2013
Demonstration accepted to CIKM 2013
3 papers accepted to BDA 2013
Two papers accepted to CIKM 2013
- Context Aware Top-k Processing using Views. Silviu Maniu and Bogdan Cautis.
- Network-aware Search in Social Tagging Applications: Instance Optimality versus Efficiency. Silviu Maniu and Bogdan Cautis.
Demonstration accepted to VLDB 2013
Article accepted to DocEng 2013
Article accepted at PVLDB 2013
F. Makari Manshadi, B. Awerbuch, R. Gemulla, R. Khandekar, J. Mestre, and M. Sozio, Distributed Large-Scale Generalized Matching.
Article accepted to ICWE 2013
Article accepted to SIGMOD 2013
Y. Amsterdamer, Y. Grossman, T. Milo, and P. Senellart, Crowd Mining
Article accepted to BNCOD 2013
DBWeb co-organizing DBCrowd 2013
, the First VLDB Workshop on Databases and Crowdsourcing, is co-organized by HKU, Google, and DBWeb. Consider submitting an article!
Paper accepted to EGC 2013
Article accepted to ICDE 2013
Marilena’s PhD defense
Marilena Oita defends her PhD thesis, “Deriving Semantic Objects from the Structured Web”, Monday, October 29, at 2:30pm, room Jade.
Silviu's PhD defense
Silviu Maniu defends his PhD thesis, "Data Management in Social Networks", Friday September 28 at 10h, room B312.
Two demonstrations accepted to CIKM 2012
Two papers accepted to BDA 2012 (to be held in Clermont-Ferrand)
- A. Souihli and P. Senellart, Optimizing Approximations of DNF Query Lineage in Probabilistic XML.
- S. Maniu and B. Cautis, Context-Aware Top-k Processing using Views.
DBWeb at the Very Large Data Search workshop
Two vision papers accepted to VLDS
Ioana Ileana finishes runner-up in the SIGMOD Programming Contest 2012
Pierre Senellart's HDR defence
Pierre Senellart's habilitation
defence will be held June 13, 2:30pm, in room B312.
Article accepted to PVLDB, for presentation at VLDB12
Answering Queries using Views over Probabilistic XML: Complexity and Tractability. Bogdan Cautis and Evgeny Kharlamov.
Ioana Ileana among the five finalists at the SIGMOD 2012 programming contest
Article accepted to ICALP
Bogdan's habilitation defense
Web data management: weaving theory and applications. Friday March 23 at 16h30, room B312.
Yet another DBWeb paper at WWW 2012
Nora's PhD defense
Nora Derouiche defends her PhD thesis, "Searching for Complex Data on the Structured Web", Tuesday March 20 at 14h30, room B312.
Three works accepted at SIGMOD 2012
- J. Lu, P. Senellart, C. Lin, X. Du, S. Wang, and X. Chen, Optimal Top-k Generation of Attribute Combinations based on Ranked Lists (research article)
- S. Abiteboul, Y. Amsterdamer, T. Milo, and P. Senellart, Auto-Completion Learning for XML (demonstration)
- S. Maniu, B. Cautis,
Taagle: Efficient, Personalized Search in Collaborative Tagging Networks (demonstration)
DBWeb at WWW 2012
The DBWeb team will be present at the WWW 2012
conference, presenting in particular the following works:
Habilitation Defense (Talel Abdessalem)
Complex data management: moving objects, XML and the web.
Jan. 4th 2012 at Telecom ParisTech.
AWS in Research gift from Amazon (Bogdan Cautis)
For a large scale analysis of interactions in Wikipedia and the construction of signed (trust/distrust) networks, in our WikiSigned project
Article accepted to ICDT
Article accepted to PVLDB
F. M. Suchanek, S. Abiteboul, and P. Senellart, PARIS: Probabilistic Alignment of Relations, Instances, and Schema.
New PhD candidate
DBWeb welcomes Ioana Ileana, who starts a PhD in the group under the supervision of Bogdan Cautis
New DBWeb member
is joining Télécom ParisTech as an Associate Professor.
Two papers accepted to ICDE 2012
- Nora Derouiche, Bogdan Cautis, Talel Abdessalem. Automatic Extraction of Structured Web Data with Domain Knowledge (full paper)
- Chunbin Lin, Jiaheng Lu, Tok Wang Ling, Bogdan Cautis. LotusX: A Position-Aware XML Graphical Search System with Auto-Completion (demo paper)
Paper accepted to PIKM 2011
Four papers accepted at Bases de Données Avancées (BDA) 2011
To be held in Rabat, Morocco, October 24-27.
Our intern Liao Chengxuan appears on CCTV
DBWeb goes DBSocial
Two papers accepted to the First ACM Workshop on Databases and Social Networks (with SIGMOD2011):
- Building a Signed Network from Interactions in Wikipedia
- A Reachability Based Access Control Model for Online Social Networks
Article accepted to ACM TODS
S. Abiteboul, T.-H. Hubert Chan, E. Kharlamov, W. Nutt, and P. Senellart. Capturing continuous data and answering aggregate queries in probabilistic XML.
Article accepted to PODS 2011
M. Benedikt, G. Gottlob, and P. Senellart, Determining Relevance of Accesses at Runtime
Article accepted to TWAW 2011
Demonstration accepted to SIGMOD 2011
Article accepted to EDBT/ICDT 2011 PhD Workshop
Asma Souihli, Efficient Query Evaluation Over Probabilistic XML With Long-Distance Dependencies
Article accepted to LID 2011
Poster paper accepted at WWW2011
PhD position on Web archiving
The DBWeb team is recruiting a PhD candidate on Web archiving in the context of the ARCOMEM project. See the description
Tutorial accepted to EDBT 2011
Book chapter accepted for publication
A demonstration paper accepted to EDBT 2011
Article accepted to IWAW 2010
Journal article accepted at ACM TODS
Querying XML Data Sources that Export Very Large Sets of Views, Bogdan Cautis, Alin Deutsch, Nicola Onose, Vasilis Vassalos.
A preliminary version can be found here
Two demonstration papers accepted to BDA 2010
Article accepted to BDA 2010
Talel Abdessalem, Bogdan Cautis, Nora Derouiche, Lightweight, Targeted Extraction of Structured Web Data
Demo paper accepted at VLDB 2010
Talel Abdessalem, Bogdan Cautis and Nora Derouiche,
ObjectRunner: Lightweight, Targeted Extraction and Querying of Structured Web Data.
Article accepted to VLDB 2010
Results of the SIGMOD Programming Contest
Paper accepted at EDBT workshop on Updates in XML
Opening of the SIGMOD 2010 Programming Contest
Paper accepted to ICDT 2010
PGDay.eu 2009 at Télécom ParisTech
Télécom ParisTech is hosting the European PostgreSQL Conference, 6-7 Nov.
SIGMOD 2010 Programming Contest
Two new PhD students
Marilena Oita and Damien Munch start their PhD in DBWeb.
Paper accepted to WSDM 2010
Bogdan is getting married
The DBWeb team is celebrating Bogdan and Nida's marriage. Best wishes to the newly wed!
Two PhD starting in DBWeb
We welcome Asma Souihli and Silviu Maniu, who start their PhD in DBWeb.
PhD thesis defence
Paper accepted to Journal of the ACM
The DBWeb team is at VLDB 2009, held this week in Lyon.
Two papers accepted to BDA 2009
Student wins SIGMOD programming contest
Paper accepted at VLDB 2009
"Efficient Rewriting of XPath Queries Using Query Set Specifications", Bogdan Cautis, Alin Deutsch, Nicola Onose and Vasilis Vassalos
Paper accepted to VLDB Journal
Student finalist of SIGMOD programming contest
We welcome Asma Souihli and Adeel Anjum, who start their Master’s research internship in DBWeb.
Tutorial at AFIA 2009
Paper accepted at ICDT 2009
Bogdan Cautis, Alin Deutsch, Nicola Onose, "Querying Data Sources That Export Infinite Sets of Views".
Tutorial at BDA 2008
Paper accepted at WIDM 2008
Paper accepted at CIKM 2008